Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Burberry Dupe You May Already Own



When I first ordered Burberry's Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadow in Pale Barley, it was love at very first use and it took me a week or so to realise what it was that made me love it so much. It's very similar to an eyeshadow combination I regularly wear from my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. However, this comes with the convenience of being all in one shadow. They are nowhere near identical, don't get me wrong, but the overall effect of Suspect and YDK placed on top of one another resembles the unique shade of Pale Barley. The difference shows in the finish and the tone of the eyeshadows. Pale Barley is *stares desperately at the pan to try and explain it* a really soft taupe-y medium brown with a warm gold shimmer going through it and it has an almost pearl finish to it. Whereas my Suspect/YDK concoction is more shimmery and slightly darker, yet the tone is similar. Suspect looks very similar to Pale Barley in the pan, but swatched it appears more gold (which is where the medium brown colour of YDK plays a part).

So, would I still recommend this eyeshadow if you already own the Naked 2 palette? Absolutely. I would have never spent the steep £23 if I wasn't sure that it was a really unique shade that I'd get a lot of use from. The quality is beautiful and nothing beats the feeling of using it. However, if you're wanting to get an idea of what it may look like, or simply cringe at the price, Suspect and YDK are your guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment